Tuesday, May 26, 2009

W.I.P.- Work in Progress Wednesday!

Well its almost Wednesday, here in Germany at least, and I've been meaning to get these things posted for w.i.p. (work in progress) Wednesday. So I figured since the kids were in bed and I finally had some time I'd actually get them posted on the right day, so I don't have to wait until next week. So, here they are.....



This isn't exactly a work in progress, but it is something new. My mom got me a few of these coffee sacks and I made this one into a reusable grocery bag. I have a few more of these so if you have any other great ideas for them let me know. I was also thinking of making a couple baskets out of them, or maybe a hobo bag. What do you think would sell best or be the best use for these awesome bags? Let me know!




This is a great spring bag that I am really excited about. It is all ready to go except I am anxiously waiting another batch of labels. They are way over due and holding up a few projects. One of the great aspects of living overseas! waahoo... lol I was so excited about this bag because I found the handle at the thrift store. It is a really cute belt and the colors matched perfect with the bag I was putting together so I thought I'd try it out. And these pictures aren't of two different bags, it is reversible! super cute!


This is a custom bag for a lady. She was in love with all these bright prints and just had to have them all. I just have to put the handle on and it will be finished! Defiantely on the top of my list to get finished up tomorrow.



Another reversible bag. Black and white toile on one side with the Anna Maria Horner print on the other side.. .


Skully bag with bright pink on the inside. I love the way this bag is turning out. It could even be reversible!


And I finally am learning to master putting in a zipper. I started small and got these two guys made up the other day. The wallet with a change purse is for myself. I am going to give the other one I ordered for mothers day away I think... lol I got it in the mail and looked at it for about 5 mins. and thought I could definitely make that up. This always happens to me. I can't wait to get to the states so I will be able to take a closer look at things instead of looking on the computer at them. If I can check it out and touch it I can get a better feel for the way it goes together. But I still love the wallet I bought. I'll just have to think of someone special to give it to. No worries!
And I made up this cute coin purse. Its the first one I've ever made but it came out pretty good. I am going to try and get it to my friend Sara. She is leaving for the states tomorrow. =( sad. But I am going to try and meet up with her at the airport and say good bye and get it to her before they leave. I am definitely going to make up a few more of these. It was super easy, but I need to find some more zippers, I only have a couple left. I've found quite a few at our local thrift shop and they were all still in the packaging and only 25cents! So maybe I'll get over there tomorrow and check to see if I can find some more.



And the last bag I have to post isn't a w.i.p. but I just finished it the other day for a lady and she was sooo happy to get it. Its a messenger and it turned out really well. She said it was just what she wanted, so that was great. She also wanted a matching passport cover so I made one of those up for her too.


It's only 3 more days until the weekend! yay.. jk that means not a lot to me since everyday sorta meshes together for us.. but daddy will be home hopefully by this time next week! We're all sooo excited to have him home. It truly feels like forever since he was last here with us.
But have a great rest of the week everyone!
take care,
juanita

2 comments:

  1. You are so creative Juanita! I have the same problem with seeing things and saying "I can totally make that". Then I don't buy it and then never have time to make it! The bags are super cute. I like the reusable grocery tote idea from the coffee bag. I have seen them used as pillows, and kitchen items such as potholders, placemats and such. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete