Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day to Me!









Well today is Mother's Day and honestly most of the day I forgot it even was. My amazing husband is deployed right now so he wasn't here to help the kids doing anything extra special. But I did tell Brooklyn (my 4 1/2 yr old) that today was Mother's day and she just loves a 'holiday' and any excuse to make a craft project so she made me a few cards, so that was nice. We talked to daddy on the web cam tonight and Brooklyn said 'happy mothers day daddy! It's mother's day here dad.' Just like she would say if it was Christmas or some other major holiday. It was cute.
So, since it was mother's day and all and I've been searching for a new wallet for a while, I decided to buy myself one. I have been looking on etsy and I kept coming back to the same one, but I kept thinking that I could make it or I'd find one for a lower price. But tonight I finally decided that I would just buy it. It's beautiful and perfect and everything I wanted in a wallet. So, I thought I'd share it with you and the great shop I found it at. Blissful.
I hope everyone else had a wonderful Mother's Day. The kids were really great today and I had a couple people stop in and visit so it was nice. And I also had a lady I made a few customs bags up for stop over and pick them up so I got paid for those, so that was nice too. She was great to visit with again and so wonderful to work with. I will have to post some pictures of bags sometime. I've been really busy lately because I didn't realize I had taken on 13+ custom orders. But they are getting done and hopefully by the end of next weekend I'll have them all finished up. Custom orders are great but I really enjoy doing my own thing and trying new things. I want to try and make up a few baby quilts, maybe some bibs, coin purses and I've been brainstorming a few new ideas for bags that I really need to try out. I have a flikr account but I've reached my maximum uploading limit and have been debating weather or not to pay the fee for the unlimited storage. I have lots of pictures of projects and it would be nice to be able to have them all in one place and for everyone to see. Maybe eventually I'll give in and take the plunge, just not today. But if you'd like to see what I do have posted the link is here. The best way right now to see what projects I have made up is on my Facebook photo albums. Here is the link. And here. And the last one, for now, here. Or add me on Facebook. =)

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment