Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!



Well, Happy Memorial Day to you all. I hope your day has been as beautiful as it is here in Germany. The past two days have been in the 90's and I am loving the warm weather. It was so hott today that I had to think of ways to cool the kids off but to also get them out of the house. We don't have a kiddy pool or a sand box. They're both on my list to get the kids but with us moving back to the states in 3 months I don't think it will happen until we get to Little Rock. We'll just have to get by for now. So the kids played outside for a while until they got bored and hot so I got them some buckets of water to play with and help them cool down. Not long after I brought them out I found little Cameron sitting in hers. It was pretty cute, so I had to take a picture.
We have been taking it easy for the weekend and haven't really done anything. But Memorial Day means a little more to us this year then before with my husband deployed in Iraq. But he will be home soon. Only one more week! Everyone is soo excited to be back together again. I can't wait to see how excited the kids get when they see him. =) It's going to be great!


I made a dress the other day for Brooklyn. I saw a tutorial for it somewhere online. I will share that and a few others that looked really cute later.. but for now I wanted to post a few pictures. I didn't actually use the tutorial but I just looked at the picture of the finished dress. It is really easy because you make it out of an old dress shirt. I picked up a couple the other day at the thrift shop and used the one I didn't like the best to try things out on. And I got to use my new bias tape maker so that was a lot of fun. I picked it up here. (great site to buy fabric from also, they have everything) It's the best tool I've ever used and think its a must-have for quilters and pretty much anyone else who sews. I really want to start making more clothes for my girls so I am sure I'll get a lot of use out of it.

And the other day I snapped this picture of little Cameron listening to her sister's ipod. It was so cute because she found it all by herself and was jammin' out.. so cute. =)


I hope you all have had a great and safe weekend
of cookouts and relaxing.
And haven't forgotten who to thank for it.
take care,
juanita

1 comment:

  1. Your girls are so adorable! I love the dress you made. It is really cute and to think it was an old shirt. I love bias tape makers too! When I was in school they had a whole slew of them and I was spoiled...I need to get some of my own now!

    ReplyDelete