Saturday, July 25, 2009

Busy Busy Bee...


^^ This top/dress is so adorable with a pair of jeans. ^^ and this top is a combination of a thrift store top (the pink part) that still had the tags on and then the striped top I made and attached the two.


Love this REVERSible dress^^^^^^^^^ I made it from a dress I had laying around that didn't fit right but I never returned because I liked the fabric. So I cut it up and made it reversible with the solid black. I am so happy with the result and can't believe how far my clothes making has come in just a week or so.



^^ my little stash of dresses/tops ^^ love this top.. it turned out way different from what was in my head but I just went with the idea and it turned out so beautifully. And all the fabric came from my scrap bin. I can't believe I almost got rid of the yellow fabric. I'm so glad I didn't. I am such a pack rat some times but I guess it pays off sometimes.
This yellow top I have lined with a yellow solid so there aren't any raw edges or seams showing. Cameron loves the little birds and the silky feel.

^^^This teal garden party dress and this ^^ butterfly one are the same dress only reversible!

I have been sewing a lot lately and have put in two nights this week that I didnt go to bed until 3:30! Just yesterday I think I set a record by getting 2 dresses/tops, 2 diaper bags, and a messenger bag made up in ONE day! I've never done so much before. But I love to stay up late and get things done without distractions. I live off of this stuff and I see on the site they have other flavors so maybe I'll be able to find those in the states. We only have the Original here and it's a lot cheaper here at only 3$ something compared to the site at almost 5-6$. crazy. But it's organic so that is always wonderful! Anyway...
I've figured out how to make up these little dresses and I already posted about them before but I've made up a few more and am getting really quick at getting them made. I used one of cameron's dresses and then looked online for a few tips to make the reversible ones. I am going to make up a few more hopefully soon and start listing them on etsy. I love how they fit well but they grow with my girls. Cameron will be wearing them for a long time. And I love anything reversible because I love to have options. This winter I will just pair them with a long sleeved top and a pair of jeans or thick tights. Well it is nap time here so I need to hurry up and get sewing while everyone is sleeping.. I'll post some pictures of the adorable elephant diaper bags I made up later. Or you can go to my etsy; www.juanitashandmade.etsy.com and get a preview now.. have a great weekend. its beautiful in germany and my hubby doesn't have to go back to work until tuesday!! yay for days off finally! he deserves it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this dress pattern! It is so cute! I love the fabrics you chose. I think it is very clever that you can reverse some of them. I really love your elephant bag. I love repetition in things so I love your birds too. Good job on getting things done! I know how it feels to get something done with out the stop-go kind of sewing. You should totally list them on Etsy, people will love them!

    ReplyDelete